25.8.13

improv curves mini no.2

improv curve mini no.2

Had a great class today at gather here. All three students were super-pumped about their quilts and finished them in class today. All three quilts rocked big time. And the bonus was that they all walked out of class super excited about quilting and looking forward to their next patchwork projects. It really inspires me when folks walk out of class feeling enthusiastic about quilting; that enthusiasm is totally contagious and helps fuel me as I work on stuff for next month's classes.

I think I've come a long way since the first time I taught an improv patchwork class, and I am thrilled about this growth. I now realize how important it is to provide a certain structure within the class to reinforce the idea of starting with some sort of groundwork that you either expand on or join together from existing separate parts. And making a bunch of samples in class to illustrate this was vital.

And from those sample pieces, I was able to put together this little number, which I love love love. At 18 x 29 1/4 inches, it's just the right size for hanging in my little sewing nook.

No comments: