2.1.12

easy transformations

detail of leg warmers

In my current whirlwind of last-minute nesting, I am going through my list of little projects to make for the new wee (due a little sooner than expected) and happily crossing items off of that list at a rapid rate. I'm pretty sure that's because most of these projects entail little more than sewing a straight line here and there, which is fortunate because I really waited until the last possible minute to get this done (remember - cholestasis, induction, yadda yadda, so time is not on my side any more). Though it's not a high priority project, I decided I wanted to make some baby leg warmers because a) they're damn cute, b) if you're into baby-wearing, they come in quite handy, and c) it's always a good idea to carry an extra pair or two. Trust me on that last one. Being as I already had these $1.99 knee-highs from Target that I have never used, I thought I may as well take a swing at this tutorial here.

about to cut the socks

Oh my god, easiest project EVER. They took me maybe 15-20 minutes to make, and that's only because I tried to zig-zag the seams closed after I sewed the straight seam. I didn't like the way the zig-zag stretched the knit and made the seam bulkier. Hence, I ripped it out in the end. The tutorial itself only calls for a straight stitch, and that's good enough for me for now. Also, can I just say that the tutorial is so clear, concise, and beautifully photographed, it is one of my favorite tutorials ever. Thanks to the awesome blogger at Sew Much Ado for putting together such an excellent tutorial!

baby leg warmers!

No comments: