29.6.10

beuys-y bees a'buzzing*

blocks for Jennie

Summer has rolled right on in, and the days have become a blur of outdoor stuff and baby-related activity. I finally managed to get some sewing time and finished my blocks for Jennie. While I was photographing them, Matt came home for lunch and stopped to admire them. "They remind me of Joseph Beuys." I can't believe I hadn't realized that myself earlier considering my fondness for modern cross quilts. Jennie was inspired by the graphic quality of the red cross and the interplay between negative & positive space. I hope she likes them as much as I enjoyed making them.

*I'm really going for the worst pun ever in my post titles, in case you haven't noticed.

2 comments:

diana said...

Love!!!!!!!!!

Elinor said...

I could not love this more.