18.10.09

fun times at sheep & wool

Not that I have any photos of sheep to show you. Nor did I buy any wool. I did consume copious amounts of fairground food. And I had a delicious lamburger, which I will freely admit is part of what motivates me to make the pilgrimage to Rhinebeck every year. Most of all, though, I met tons of people - wonderful people, some who I have only known through the wonder that is the internet (that internet - always bringing people closer together!), some who I am lucky enough to know in real life and see on a somewhat regular basis, you know, when my hermit's schedule permits me to do so. All I can say is it was good times all around. My personal highlight was running into Melissa, Gwen, and Colette, the ladies from my old stitch-n-bitch in Long Island City. Gad, I have missed them, and it was lovely to catch up with them. I didn't go to the ravelry party after the fair, but I hear it was a ton of fun. Next year, though.... I am already looking forward to next year.

2 comments:

maitai said...

it was so great to see you again, yay! i went down that fun slide and it was awesome :)

oh, and i also bought no yarn!

Melissa said...

It was sooooo good to see you and one of my personal highlights as well! We miss you around these parts!