10.5.09

so, if I pour some water on it, do you think it will grow?

You know how they say that size doesn't matter? I have no idea who they are, but they lie. Oh, they lie. Big time! No offense to you, Shetland Triangle. You know, when I first started knitting you, Shetland Triangle, I didn't think you were going to be, like, huge. Not by any stretch of the imagination. I knew that when I went down to size 1 needles instead of the size 6 the pattern calls for that there was no way you would ever be described as "large," "humongous," "all-engulfing," "gigundo," stop me when it gets to be too much.... Basically, I knew what I was getting into, but I just didn't expect you to be so... ummm, huh, how do I say this? Lacking in size. I mean, there's nothing wrong with being... small. Clearly, I wanted less of a shawl and more of a shawlette, but you are barely a kerchief. I guess I'm a little disappointed is all. I mean, what am I supposed to do with you? Wrap you around my head like I'm Little Edie?

Mali as Little Edie

Or Little Steven, for that matter? So I'm going to soak you, my puny wee lacy friend, and once you're nice and saturated, I'm going to block your brains out because clearly you need to blocked like no other shawlette has been blocked before. Oh yes, I am going to block the m'f'ing daylights out of you. Let's hope it works.

2 comments:

grumperina said...

Hehe, such a funny post! For the record, how tiny is this tiny shawlette before blocking???

tiennie said...

Haha! I hope it grows on you. :)