2.4.08

gauge away



Oh good lord. You know what's completely stupid? When you knit the second sock of a pair and it is significantly wider than the first, despite the fact that you cast on the same number of stitches (64). Gah! You know what makes it even worse? When you realize this when you are 7 1/2 inches into a 9 1/2 inch cuff. DOH! I guess I was thrown off by knitting the hat at a much larger gauge the other day and was therefore knitting much looser. What to do but frog the whole thing and start over again, being mindful not to knit so loosely this time? So yeah, I'm only about 5 inches into the cuff now. I should be back up to speed by tonight when I go over to Beba's to watch ANTM.

Also, when I checked myself out in the mirror in my squishy new hat, I was suddenly reminded of the Kids In the Hall character Cabbage Head seen in the skit posted above. Double DOH!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bwahahaha! At least you're not Nipple Lady!